7.11.10

made by hand

crocheted pincushions

I love to surround myself with hand made treasures. If you've ever created something yourself you'll appreciate the time, thought, energy and enjoyment you get from the whole process, from thinking about the colours and design and then from standing back and just looking at what you have achieved. Sometimes I look back at illustrations I've done and I find it difficult to believe I actually did them. I think sometimes I'm in an almost meditative state when creating.

Today I thought I'd shine the spotlight on some of the beautiful handmade items we have in store from local and international artists who have created some truly unique pieces. Enjoy x


love snippets and ipod/phone cases
macrame owl from my secret friend in Victoria
Divine children's clothes by Mermadeit
soft toy babushka by the lovely notchka
Babushka laundry bag by page thirty three

These amazing birds are made by a very talented teacher at the local girls school. They are all hand stitched and the feet are even collected from a tree in their back yard. They fly out of the shop faster than she can make them so by the time I've up loaded them they'll probably be sold out!









4 comments:

  1. Oh I have creative envy over the storks - they are very cool. Thanks for profiling me, you are so very sweet, and good news I am handsewing the latest batch closed and will send you photos tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these birds! the love snippets are beautiful. I used one in a project I had to do, and it sits right in the middle of my mood board.

    i must come and say hi! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my birds on your blog! I came into the store the other day to say hello to them and ended up buying a lovely new bag and a pretty pair of feather earrings which I have had many compliments on! Thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore those birds too. They are so special and have a really Australian feel to them. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete