31.1.11

Make your place by Raleigh Briggs

Who would have thought a simple hand written and illustrated little Eco friendly home hints book could be so cool? DIY ideas for non-toxic clean cleaning, natural body care and gardening. I feel like a girlfriend wrote it out for me due to its great zine style design. I'm all for taking living back to the basics, I use vinegar and baking soda to clean my kitchen and tea tree oil is my best friend when my little men are a bit off aim! I try as hard as possible to medicate homeopathically and grow a few of my own organic fruit and veggies.  It's not that hard and it works.

The boys have been waking with mozi bites all over them lately so the first concoction from this little book was too easy.

Bug repellent

Combine one, some or all of the following essential oils in a  base of vegetable oil or equal parts vodka and water (my combo was the later), and store in a spray bottle. Don't use more than 20 or so drops of essential oil altogether.
Lavender, citronella, eucalyptus, cedarwood and lemongrass. (I didn't have citronella so left it out)

I wait until they are asleep and attack, just like the mozies and it's kind of cute watching them twitch while I pray them with smelly vodka!

We have a few Make Your Place by Raleigh Briggs in store and they retail for about $14.

No comments:

Post a Comment